Sunday, August 21, 2011

Banana nostalgia


Today while leaving Medhipatnam I passed by this banana cart in front of a green and white mosque that was emitting sounds of the evening prayers. I doubled back. Bananas. Mhmmmm. When paired with peanut butter and honey a wonderful marriage of culinary bliss occurs in my mouth. Therefore, without hesitation I requested one single banana. Yes one single banana. 


After acquiring my banana I rushed across the street and boarded the no. 5 bus hoping to miss the rain that was eminent. I managed to get about 5 mins from the flat before the rain came. Not a down pour, but enough to be considered wet by the time I arrived to my building. Upon entering before doing anything else I went to the kitchen and made a yummy grilled (in butter of course...a Southern gal has to have her butter) crunchy peanut butter, banana, honey, and cinnamon sandwich. It tasted just like Boneroo circa 2004. That memory is sealed forever to only Jerome and I. Each morning we would get up and eat grilled PB and banana honey sandwichs on texas toast from the lot vendor. While watching the rain fall over the balcony I enjoyed my warm sandwich and smiled. I apparently had brought home with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment