Sunday, July 10, 2011

Today is the day...

While I have made lists, and more lists I could not properly have prepared for today's feelings more if I had another year.  Today, I leave for India. Not for a holiday. Not for a trekking visit. But rather to live and work within Hyderabad, India for approximately 10 months.
If you know me you know that as I construct this blog I want to go throw up due to nervousness. What an ADVENTURE though??!!! Wow! Little Deborah Lubbe from small town in the Georgia is going to India to work and make a difference. Observing everyone's reactions has been truly one of the largest blessings I have ever received. Excited, joyful, curious, and above all supportive. Jerome and I are so very thankful for all of the prayers, thoughts, gifts, and support we have received as we  prepared for this amazing transition.

The most frequently asked question is WHAT exactly will you be doing? SO....here is a run down! 

1) I work as a part of IDEX Fellowship in Social Enterprise  which was created by Gray Matters Capital , http://www.graymatterscap.com/ , and Oglethorpe University in 2009. 

2) I will be working in the APS (affordable private schools) initiative and will be partnered with an owner of a school to assist with the overall growth and development of the school as a consultant. 

3) This will entail helping with the school business model, marketing, rating tools to help standardize the APS system, fellowship growth, reviewing and enhancing teacher curriculum, grant writing, extracurricular activity involvement, computer literacy development, teaching occasionally within the school, career center development, and the list of possibilities and goals goes on and on and on. 

4) Connecting with other organizations across the country to gain more knowledge and to share resources to improvement the credibility and development of the school (social enterprise).

5) Embracing all of culture, food, relationship and opportunities that I will make along the way! 

For more information about what I will be up to and to review what the current projects last years' fellows accomplished check out www.oglethorpe.edu/idex/

Here goes EVERYTHING!!!! 

Cheers,
Deborah 

No comments:

Post a Comment